- 2 years Band 6 Community Podiatrist, West Norfolk PCT
- 2 years Band 7 Musculoskeletal Specialist Podiatrist, Greater Peterborough PCT
- 3 years Specialist Orthopaedic Practitioner, Peterborough & Stamford Hospitals
- 2006 – Present: Co-Director of Walkrite, specialising in MSK Podiatry
- 2006-Dec 2010: Full-time private practice, Walkrite (MSK Podiatry & Specialist Orthopaedic Practitioner)
- Dec 2010 – Present: Part-time private practice and part-time Surgical Practitioner,
- Foot & Ankle Orthopaedic Team, Northampton General Hospital
Current clinical locations:
- Northampton General Hospital (NHS)
- Fitzwilliam Hospital, Peterborough
John also graduated in 1999 from Huddersfield University with a BSc(Hons) Degree in Podiatry and specialised in Musculoskeletal Podiatry within the NHS from 2002. In 2003, he began work as a Specialist Orthopaedic Practitioner for Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, where he worked exclusively within Orthopaedics, specialising in the foot and ankle. In 2006, he became Co-Director of Walkrite Limited and currently works part-time for Walkrite as an MSK Specialist Podiatrist as well as working as a Surgical Practitioner within a team of specialist foot and ankle Orthopaedic Surgeons at Northampton General Hospital.
As an MSK Specialist Podiatrist, John has gone on to work within Orthopaedic Surgery as an AfPP-Registered Orthopaedic Surgical Practitioner, in the field of lower limb surgery, specifically in regard to the foot & ankle. This provides him with a highly specialised understanding of the functional anatomy of the lower limb and how this relates to lower limb mechanics and pain with regard to the non-surgical treatment of the foot and ankle, which is his area of specialist interest.
John recently became a Fellow of the Faculty of Podiatric Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and was awarded a Fellowship of the College of Podiatric Medicine in recognition of his extended scope of practice within the field of Orthopaedics