BSc(Hons), MChS, MFPM RCPS(Glasg), MSSF
- 2 years – Band 6 NHS Podiatrist, West Norfolk PCT
- 2 years – Band 7 NHS Extended Scope Podiatrist on Podiatric Surgical Team, Lincs SW PCT
- Established Walkrite, 2003 and started working part-time in private practice, specialising in Musculoskeletal Podiatry
- 3 years – Band 8a, Co-Head of Hospital Podiatry, West Norfolk PCT (acute Diabetic, Neuro, Ortho and Rheumatological patients)
- 2006 – Present Co-Director of Walkrite in full-time private practice, specialising in MSK Podiatry
Current clinical locations:
- Clinical locations: Fitzwilliam Hospital, Peterborough
- The Broad Street Practice, Stamford
Nicola graduated in 1999, from The University of Huddersfield, with a 1st class BSc(Hons) Degree in Podiatry. She has since worked across a number of specialist areas, including Podiatric Surgery, Musculoskeletal Podiatry, Diabetes, Vascular and Tissue Viability, in a number of roles in both the NHS and private practice including Co-Head of Hospital Podiatry at West Norfolk PCT and Co-Director of Walkrite Limited.
Nicola specialises in Musculoskeletal (MSK) Podiatry with a specific interest in lower limb mechanics, video gait analysis, gait re-training and the influence of footwear on the function of the foot and is about to embark upon a further post-graduate education in Clinical Gait Analysis. Nicola also recently became a Member of the Faculty of Podiatric Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and has completed further training within the field of footwear to become a Member of the Society of Shoe Fitters.
Nicola has been a contributor to and author of several articles in Runner’s World and The Pharmaceutical Journal and has lectured at national conferences including the annual Primary Care and Public Health Conference, where she discussed the latest innovations in the management of plantar heel pain.
Nicola has always been active and participates regularly in mass participation events involving running, cycling, triathlon and open water swimming which helps in her appreciation of injury management in sport and the importance of helping her patients to keep participating in quality of life enhancing activities from gardening to Ironman Triathlons!